Benefits Of Drinking Coffee
Ask any coffee lover and they'll tell you straight - something magical happens when that first sip reaches your lips. And this particular kind of magic is what has made coffee one of the most popular beverages in the world. It’s a ritual. A necessity. A life-long love affair that's hundreds of years old.
Despite being an obvious stimulant, coffee's earned a bad reputation as a result of claims that it dehydrated the body because it contains caffeine. After all, you may have a caffeine-hater in your life. You know the type – they’re always telling you what’s bad for your health. Well, here’s a list of some good reasons to drink coffee. Memorize this list – so the next time you encounter your favourite coffee-hater you can pull out one of these babies:
1. Coffee can cut post- workout muscle pain by up to 48%
2. Coffee aids in protection against cirrhosis of the liver
3. Coffee lowers risk of Type 2 Diabetes
4. Coffee lowers risk of Alzheimer’s disease
5. Coffee reduces suicide risk and Depression
6. Coffee aids in protection against Parkinson’s disease
7. Coffee drinkers have less risk of heart disease
8. Coffee drinkers have stronger DNA
9. Coffee lowers the risk of Multiple Sclerosis.
10. Coffee reduces colorectal cancer risk.
Tarryn Nash, marketing coordinator at Doppio Zero, suggests that perhaps we love coffee for the following reasons:
It never judges
It loves you even at your worst - first thing in the morning when most of us don't look at our particular best.
Perhaps it's how coffee can pace you through deadlines, sharpen the mind, and carry you through all-nighters.
Brings instant gratification.
Maybe it's the way a good cup of coffee brings people together,
Encourages and smoothens out conversation.
Or maybe it's something even more simple. Maybe it's simply because it tastes so damn good!